Saturday, June 24, 2006

The first steps


Early day today as I left home at 4.45am to go and collect the Metro donor car.

Arrived at the owners home after a mere 213 mile drive. Car was as described, Tony the owner even made me a cup of tea, and he was happy to hear it was being made into a kit car.

After the return drive with the Metro safely on the trailer, I have started the stripdown. I am concentrating on the wiring loom to start with as the plan is to remove this then my electrical expert will strip it down and lay it out in its new format ready for the arrival of the kit at the end of July. The next stage is to disconnect the engine ancilleries and suspension and remove the front end complete in its subframe.

Image shows the engine bay with the washer bottle (left), air filter box (middle) and battery (right) removed, and the non engine wiring disconnected (and labelled!) back to the bulkhead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home