Thursday, July 20, 2006

Exchange parts list

Well not much progress to report over the last few days - two club committee meetings and a social run out in my Robin Hood 2B have disrupted progress. In fact the only thing I have done is to remove the handbrake lever - but at least I did something!

Spoke with David Golightly of Onyx on Tuesday. He confirmed the kit will be collected on the 29th July, and also gave me the list of parts he requires for exchange:

Sump
Oil pick up pipe
Steering rack
Fuel pump
Handbrake lever
Gear change linkage
Drivers side engine mount
Tubular exhaust manifold

None of these cause a problem, except the manifold to exhaust pipe nuts.studs will require cutting off as they have been rounded off, but as Onyx cut the manifold flange off this does not cause a problem.

We also had a discussion about Totalkitcar live! at Brands Hatch in October. We had spoken loosely about me having the Mongoose driveable for that show, but as David said two people were already building I assumed they would be finished in advance of me. However David advised that they were unlikely to finish before Christmas, and he was still hopeful I could finish for Brands.......nothing like a bit of pressure! Gives me 10 weeks to build the car!

Plan for this weekend is to have a final strip of the Metro parts and dismantle the front subframe so that can go with the bodyshell. Engine & gearbox need a clean so hoping to use a truckwash I have access to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home